Join the FenCon Team!
Serving on the FenCon team as a volunteer is a great way to meet new people and to help out with various areas of the convention. Whether you can work one shift or several, we need your help. FenCon is "of the fen, by the fen, for the fen" and this is a classic "by the fen" opportunity.
What's in it for me? You mean besides meeting new people and the warm glow you get from a job well done? How about this: All team members who work at least 12 hours during FenCon XVII will receive a free regular membership to FenCon XVIII in 2021. We will, of course split this time into multiple shifts and try to accommodate your schedule. Spend a little time with us now, save some cash in the future.
If you want to join the FenCon team, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and interests plus any questions or comments.
FenCon Team Rules & Regulations
- All team members must be 17 years of age or older. Persons under 17 may sign up with parental permission and a signed consent form (available from the team coordinator).
- Each person will be assigned to an area (registration, con-suite, sound, gaming, art show, and so on) as needed. Always check in with the team coordinator first so that we know you have arrived and that we can pass on any last-minute updates to the schedule.
- You will be representing FenCon while serving on the FenCon team, so please be courteous and helpful to each other, the other departments, the guests, and our members.
- Team members will not be allowed to consume alcohol or be intoxicated while on duty.
- All team members must abide by the convention rules.
- All team members must register and pay for their memberships before checking in with the team coordinator.
- All team members must complete the Team Form (available from the team coordinator) before receiving a convention badge. This includes a signed statement that you have read and received a copy of the current team rules.
Got cash flow issues? We have a reduced "team member" membership rate with limited benefits. These memberships are not eligible to participate in the rollover program for a free FenCon XVIII membership as described above. E-mail our team coordinator for more details.